Sunday, October 6, 2013

New song - Welcome to Yinshen.

So this is my first song with the new software and I am liking the results. The quality and rendering of the VST's sound really good.

The song has some "russian elements" in it with the brass and strings. I listened to some GTA 4 before I made this song and it's had a small influence. It also features some chinese like pluck sounds which I mixed into the song a little. I wanted it to have a more asian feel then it came out but the results are still pretty nice. Especially the main riff through the song.

It's a nice mix of talking mid bass and some brass n strings. The bells on top give it a nice edgy, chinese spring autumn times of war dynasty feel to it. The strings make it sound russian though. I couldn't really find a way to have both sections in the song without having it become too repetitive. Anyway here's the link, enjoy! https://soundcloud.com/abon-yeh/acrylic-welcome-to-yinshen

background - so here's some background about the song, Yinshen is a metal factory. they process sheet metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment